DJ & Music 2014
This year we will we have the pleasure to welcome the following DJs during the Social Dancing and competitions:
- Olivier Rio & friends
- GBL aka Laurent Vazquez aka Radio West Coast Swing
- and for the first time outside of the USA: Larissa Tingle
Live Music will also be part of your entertainment and we have the great pleasure to announce that Leify Green will among us for this edition.
Olivier Rio & Friends
Dancer and salsa instructor at Salsabor Dance Company during many years, Olivier is also one of the pioneers and mentors of the West Coast Swing movement in France with the first classes and weekly social dancing parties in Paris....
Olivier is guilty of playing extremely good music in any style: Rock, Salsa and undoubtedly West Coast Swing.
He’s been in charge of keeping the good ambiance of the Parisian dancing parties since 15 years. He also has the extreme heavy responsibility to fire the dance floor of the Sea Sun & Swing since its origins in the legendary 2004 edition... This summer, Jordan and Tatiana, invited by Paco, came to spend a few days of summer holidays in the South of France, which included a small set of WCS classes... I’m sure you know what happened next ;)
Fond of music since the age of 12, GBL discover in 2008 an extraordinary dance : West Coast Swing which will become an new addiction.
His love for music and this dance will then merge.
Today, after several experiences as a DJ, radio DJ and music remixer, he loves to share his musical tastes:
- with the dancers on the floor, as a regular DJ during parties and events,
- with part of the WCS community on the Internet, as a music manager via Facebook (Gbl Channel WCS, WCS top 10, WCS Music Group) and by the creation of the first Webradio dedicated to West Coast Swing which you are listening to whilst visiting the Sea Sun and Swing website.
Retrospective of his West Coast Swing activity:
- Regular Dj since 2010 in parties (at least once a week), Paris
- DJ at several major events and workshops in France:
- Sea Sun Swing since 2010, La Grande Motte
- French Open 2011, Paris
- Let it WCS 2011 and 2012, Poitiers
- WCSDF 2011 and 2012, Paris
- Rolling Camp 2010 and 2011, Paris
- Westy Nantes II 2012, Nantes
- Salsa West On Beach 2012, Île De Ré
- Founder and radio DJ of "Radio West Coast Swing"
It’s only natural that she would start DJing almost as soon as she entered the community.
She got her start at local dances in Southern California but got known quickly for her groovy late night sets, “Tingle Time”, and is now sharing her passion and her music with dancers all over the United States.
Larisa is looking forward to her first time DJing internationally at Sea Sun & Swing and is excited to see where music takes her next.